MERLYN CLIMATE GRANTS SUPPORT EMERGING CLIMATE LEADERS BETWEEN THE AGES OF 13 AND 30. Do you have a clear vision for calling our leaders' attention to solving the climate challenge? Have you successfully led others to embrace and act upon your vision? Merlyn Climate Grants wants to support you.
SEE RECENT GRANT WINNERS
MERLYN CLIMATE GRANTS recognize the power of an individual to effect change. The grants are tactical and help successful young climate leaders take advantage of opportunities and respond to challenges. Grants underwrite activities that have a positive impact on your community --- such as community actions, social enterprise, artistic and dramatic productions, organizing, training, and outreach. Grants may also be used toward supplemental expenses such as marketing, travel, materials, permits, and legal aid. In supporting your vision, creativity and persistence, our aim is to support whatever is needed to keep your successful climate solutions project buzzing.
GRANT AWARDS: Applicants may request from $500 to $3000.
WHO MAY APPLY: Youth climate leaders age 13 to 30 who live in New England and New York. Affiliation with a 501(c)3 organization is NOT required.
NOMINATIONS: A nomination from a supporter is not necessary or expected. Nevertheless, we welcome nominations from friends, family, and supporters.
To suggest a young climate leader, please send your email to Jim Stahl, Grant Director, at GRANTS@MERLYNGRANTS.ORG.
NEXT APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 15, 2022.
EARLY applications are encouraged as in some cases grant decisions are made on a rolling basis well before the deadline. Candidates are usually notified within 30 days of application.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A MERLYN CLIMATE GRANT: IN THE BODY OF AN EMAIL -- NOT IN AN ATTACHMENT -- WRITE A LETTER TO MERLYN CLIMATE GRANTS. IN YOUR LETTER . . .
1. SPECIFY the amount of your Climate Grant request.
2. STATE your name, age, address (permanent and temporary if in college), date of birth, education, email address and phone number. If desired, share your social media pages.
3. DESCRIBE IN DETAIL your intended or current climate leadership project and how your grant will be used. A DETAILED WORKSHEET may be attached as a separate file for this purpose. Projects must be current or expected to begin within 120 days.
4. EXPLAIN your recent success in climate leadership and explain two or three key insights you’ve gained in your role as a leader.
5. NOTE any additional sources of funding for your project.
6. INCLUDE the names and contact information of two (2) people who are willing to be contacted as references.
APPLICATIONS MAY INCLUDE, though this step is not required, one letter of support, which:
Is written by a supporter who can speak to your passion and success in leadership. Letter may be submitted by a mentor, coworker, teacher, family member or friend, and should include the writer's email address and phone number. Recommenders must be at least sixteen years old.
This letter of support should describe your recent leadership experience to help the grant team get a picture of your unique brand of leadership.
You may also submit, in attached files, additional support materials such as photographs, videos, handouts, art or music files, social media, etc.
SEE RECENT GRANT WINNERS
EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION BY JUNE 15, 2022 to GRANTS@MERLYNGRANTS.ORG. Attach supporting materials, including any letters of support, as PDF or Word files. Supporting photos, videos, etc., are welcome.
We look forward to your application. For more information, Email GRANTS@MERLYNGRANTS.ORG. You're also invited to call the grant director at 401-743-8489.